Every year, Truro Running Club has a Christmas meal for its members and for the last few this has been at the Killiow Golf Course Club House. We keep on going back as we have such a good time. Good food, good company, club awards and dancing makes for a great time.
This year’s event is on December 5th 2015 from 7pm to 1am with TRC club members and partners welcome. Last year we hit capacity for the venue and it is likely we will do the same this year as well so if you want to come book your place soon. To do this you need to get a £5 deposit per person or £20 total per person to Lynne Donohue on a club night. If she isn’t available, please speak to a committee member. You also need to supply Lynne with your menu choices from the following list:
- Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Soup served with home-made croutons
- Smoked Salmon & Prawn Salad with a honey mustard dressing
- Portabella Mushrooms baked with garlic butter and topped with parmesan cheese
- Smoked Breast of Duck with an apricot and walnut salad
- Traditional Roast Turkey served with an apricot and walnut stuffing, chipolata sausage and all the trimmings
- Grilled Fillet of Plaice with a seafood sauce and new potatoes
- Roasted Topside of Beef served with a Yorkshire Pudding, a red wine and rosemary gravy with all the trimmings
- Wild Mushroom & Goat’s Cheese Risotto
All served with vegetables and potatoes of the day.
- Christmas Pudding with vanilla sauce and brandy butter
- Spiced Red Wine Poached Pears served with champagne sorbet and fresh berries
- Mixed Ice Cream with a raspberry coulis and fresh berries
- White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake
Cost – £20 per person.
Killiow Golf Course can be found here, near Playing Place, a couple of miles south of Truro.