9:30am Sunday 15th September 2019
Race 14 of the Cornwall Glass Grand Prix race series
Race licence number 2019-37290.
The Truro Half Marathon is 13.1 miles from Truro out to Feock and back via Playing Place and Porth Kea. This is a hard and hilly half marathon and is part of the Cornwall Glass Grand Prix Series.
Keep up to date with the latest about Truro Half Marathon by liking Truro Half Marathon’s Facebook page.
Online entries are open from 10th February 2019 on the Runbritain website. Bulk club entries and paper entries (form to be added shortly) will be open from 1st March. Pre-entries must be received by 30th August 2019. Online entries will close on 30th August 2019.
Unaffiliated – £19.00
Affiliated – £17.00
2019 Truro Half Marathon Sponsors
We are very grateful to the following organisations for helping us to make 2019 Truro Half Marathon happen. Thank you!
Main sponsor: Duchy Plant Hire
Truro Half Marathon Information (subject to change)
Please note the following conditions / information / rules:
- Headphones are not allowed – this is a rule of the GP series and a UKA rule. Breaching this rule will result in disqualification, and has done so at previous Truro Half Marathons and other GP events. This rule is enforced.
- No dogs.
- No buggies/prams/pushchairs.
- No assistance from non-competitors.
- No walkers – this is a running event. Obviously we are aware that some people may need to walk a bit on the hills but generally you should be running the course. This is a tough half marathon therefore it is strongly recommended that you are able to comfortably run 10 miles about a month before the event. This is for your sake as otherwise you will not enjoy the event. We have to make sure all our marshals, who are all volunteering their time, are safe and happy and so we expect you to be able to finish this hard and hilly course within 3.5 hours.
- The Race Director reserves the right to redirect you onto a shorter route if your pace indicates that you will finish after 3.5 hours, and consequently you will not count in the results.
- The minimum age on race day is 17 years old. This is standard for a UKA licensed Half Marathon event.
- This event is chip timed.
Entries / Refunds / Race Numbers
- Entries on the day: Providing that the race limit is not reached prior to the closing date of 31/08/19, entries will be taken on the day. Please note that in previous years we have taken entries on the day and therefore it is unexpected that we shall reach the 800 race limit before the day. We usually have about 600 finishers.
- Mementoes: Please note though that mementos cannot be guaranteed for entries on the day or those received after the pre-entry closing date due to ordering deadlines. Our race memento this year is still to be decided, but you’ll definitely get something great to remember your day along with a medal in your goody bag!
- Race numbers are not sent out prior to the event, they are collected on the morning of the race from Lemon Quay.
- No refunds will be given, even in the event that we have to cancel due to adverse weather.
- If you cannot run in your place you will be able to give your place to another runner but you must inform us before the event (by email to email@example.com) or at registration on the morning before the race.
- Please do not run in someone else’s place without arranging the swap with us beforehand as above. Running in someone else’s place is a breach of UKA and GP rules.
Road Closures / Parking / Baggage Drop / Facilities
- Please note there will be various road closures in the city centre.
- Please use nearby Pay & Display public car parks. There may be some available on-street parking within the city. However, please check restrictions.
- There will be a baggage drop facility on Lemon Quay, however there are no changing facilities.
- Toilets – there are two separate sets of public loos. One at the bus station end of Lemon Quay, the other at the bottom of Lemon Street next to Manning’s Restaurant.
- Plastic Free – our aim is to be as plastic free as possible. There will be drink stations around the course as usual which will use paper cups.There will also be a water station on Lemon Quay where runners and supporters can refill their reusable bottles. Please help us to stay plastic free by disposing of your waste carefully, hold on to any gel wrappers/waste on route and use the bins or hand waste to a marshal.
Registration / The Course / The Finish
- Registration is open from 8am on the dayand will be on Lemon Quay. The start and finish for the race still still on Lemon Quay but it has moved slightly from the last few years and is outside Primark.
- You will pass through five water stations out on the course and you will receive water and a banana at the finish.
- There will be first aid/medical cover for the event.
- Once you have crossed the finish line you must keep moving along the funnel and you must stay in the order you finished. This is important as it may affect the results.
- Massage will be available after the finish from Steve Lay, Personal Trainer, on Lemon Quay for donations to charity.
- There will be a cake stall at the finish selling homemade cakes, run by the Oarsome Foursome who are raising money for their bid to row The Atlantic in December 2019.
- There are plenty of shops around Lemon Quay where you can buy hot & cold drinks and food. There will also be a mobile coffee van and a complimentary Fruit Stall for runners, courtesy of Tesco.
The official photographers from Charles Whitton Sport & Event Photography will be out on the course during the half marathon. Their images will be available here at some point in the days following the event.
Official 2019 Course
The 2019 course is not yet fixed but is likely to be the same as the 2018 route.
For any queries the Truro Half Marathon please contact the Race Directors on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Race Notes for Clubs
in PDF format
in Word format
There are numerous roles that need filling by keen volunteers looking to be part of the race day experience.
Our events takes a huge amount of manpower. Volunteer roles range from handing out water along the route to working at the finish area.
If you would like to volunteer, please email email@example.com.
For any queries regarding past and future Truro Half Marathon events please contact The Race Directors on: firstname.lastname@example.org.