I am pleased to announce that England Athletics have a new Leadership in Running Fitness course running in Truro , Cornwall this September which is now open for bookings.
Below are the details of the course, plus links to additional information:
MC0588, 7th September 2013 Leadership in Running Fitness, Truro Prep School , Highertown, Truro , Cornwall , TR1 3QN
- England Athletics link to course details & booking form: Course Details
- UKA link to the course content, plus the pre & post course learning: Course Content
- Run England link to the Run England website where attendees of the LiRF can register as Run Leaders and register their running groups when they are qualified www.runengland.org
If you’re interested running for fitness, over 18 and you’d like to lead a group, this is the course for you.
The Leadership in Running Fitness course is primarily for those working with adults’ and/or young people over the age of 12 who enjoy recreational running for fitness and health. This may be within a Running Club or a community based group. Leaders will be licensed & insured by UKA to take a group of recreational runners of varied ability for fun safe sessions.
Topics Covered on the course:
- The role and responsibilities of a Leader
- Leadership skills: Safety, Organisation, Instruction and Explanation, Demonstration
- The barriers that stop people from taking up running, and how a leader can make a difference for them.
- How to plan sessions and deliver a safe and fun warm up and a cool down.
- Demonstration and supervision of effective stretching
- The different types of activity that can make running varied and enjoyable.
- Helping runners to set and achieve SMARTER goals.
- What is meant by an Athlete Centered Approach
- Carrying out Risk Assessments.
- Factors influencing performance
- Energy systems
Please speak to Adrian at the club if you’re interested in taking part. Funding is usually available.